Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy 420

bbn.frn.com

Today is essentially a holiday for the Cannabis plant.  Being this is a plant blog... I certainly am not going to discriminate.  Having grown up in Colorado and lived in California for 3 years, the Cannabis plant is something I have become quite familiar with.  The legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes is something I feel strongly about.  I watched my sister go through a year of treatment which was very similar to chemotherapy.  The drug left her feeling very sick - extremely nauseous, her appetite was non-exsitant,  and she experienced severe body aches.  It broke my heart to see her that way.  Her doctors prescribed her a medley of drugs to help control the adverse side effects.  They, of course introduced a whole new set of issues.  When she smoked Marijuana it alleviated nearly all of her discomfort within minutes and gave her the strong appetite she needed.  Although the legalization of medicinal marijuana has been a slow process,  the most recent map of states that are on board or are on the way is quite promising.  This is definitely something to smile about. :)
Echeveria and Mums looking out my window


No comments:

Post a Comment